Red nose day tiffin – with added Maltesers.
I try baking something every year for Red Nose Day. We often have a bake sale at school. Last year it was Red Nose Day Empire biscuits, this year I’m not actually baking but there will still be a plate of delicious morsels at the end of this process.
Red nose day tiffin, with added Maltesers.
200g Malted milk biscuits
50g digestive biscuits
125 g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp cocoa
1 share bag Maltesers
200g white chocolate
red food colouring
6″ square tin, lined with two layers of cling film
- Line the tin with cling film.
- Crush the biscuits, I use the end of a rolling pin to do this.
- Melt together the butter, syrup and cocoa over a low heat.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit crumbs and mix well.
- Add in two thirds of the bag of Maltesers, press into the lined tin and refrigerate until set.
- Once set, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Pour most of it over the tiffin but reserve about a tablespoon of it in the bowl.
- Add in the red food colouring, mix well and place dots of the red chocolate over the white to resemble red noses. Place the remaining Maltesers onto the top too.pressing in well.
- Chill again, cut into 16 pieces and wrap up for a bake sale.
You can donate to Comic Relief here.