Cheesy krispy biscuits.
The cooking club at school makes the most delicious cheesy biscuits. Any broken leftovers are hoovered up by the staff. I asked for the recipe, and couldn’t believe it was so simple. These very short, buttery and cheesy biscuits are given a crunch by the addition of rice krispies. You could easily add a little tapenade, paprika or mustard powder to the mixture if you want to. Finely chopped sun dried tomatoes would work well too. A couple of these taste brilliant with a glass of crisp cold white wine, but are a great addition to a school lunchbox too.
Cheesy krispy biscuits. (makes 18)
1/2 a cup of self raising flour
1/2 a cup of butter (soft)
1/2 a cup of finely grated strong cheese (I used cheddar and Parmesan)
1/2 cup of rice krispies
How to …..
- Preheat the oven to 160 c.
- Cream together the butter and flour.
- Stir in the cheese and rice krispies.
- Line two baking trays with parchment.
- Using floured hands and a teaspoon, roll walnut sized balls of mixture and place on the parchment. Press down slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the biscuits are golden and the cheese has melted.
- Cool on a baking tray.