Spiced pork meatballs in peanut satay sauce.
As I dished this up yesterday the teen said, “so basically this is spaghetti and meatballs but with noodles and satay sauce”. She is right, it is. These pork meatballs are pimped with Asian flavours and drenched in peanut satay sauce. Served with egg noodles this makes a simple and quick weekday meal that rings the changes a little.
Spiced pork meatballs in peanut satay sauce. Makes approx 15 meatballs
500g lean pork mince
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 glove garlic grated
1 red chilli finely chopped (seeds in or out, you choose)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 jar satay sauce.
How to ….
- Preheat the oven to 200 c
- Place all the ingredient into a large bowl and use your hands to mix all the ingredients together.
- Take a large gratin dish and rub with a little oil.
- Take a golf ball sized amount of mixture and roll into a ball. Place into the gratin dish. Repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Pour over the satay sauce and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with egg noodles, steamed pak choi and a sprinkle of fresh coriander or a wedge of lime.