Shooting star – a cocktail to celebrate Aldi turning 25.
I do love a good shop. I don’t mean the trying on of clothes, the hunt for the latest must have bag or the constant vigilance searching for the right nail varnish to match a particular outfit. No. I mean I love a good shop. Small local book shops, food shops that seem transplanted in London from other parts of the world and I even love a supermarket. I couldn’t have my shopping delivered by van every week. I love the act of food shopping. I have to confess one of my favourites is Aldi. Aldi has achieved a new record market share of 5% and remains the UKs fastest growing retailer. On a very selfish note they seem to be opening a number of new stores. As a result the journey time to my nearest store will drop very soon from 25 minutes on a good day to just about 10. Hoorah!
Aldi turns 25 this year and to celebrate Aldi has created a number of cocktails. They kindly sent me a hamper containing the ingredients for one of the cocktails, the Shooting Star.
Vodka and fruit juice create the perfect base for a cocktail, but a dash of Prosecco adds a subtle sparkle.
- 25ml Tamova Vodka
- 25ml of raspberry juice from raspberries
- 2.5 teaspoons of sugar
- Valdobbiadene Prosecco Spumante DOCG, as desired
- 3 raspberries
- Defrost half a pack of raspberries and sprinkle with sugar
- Squeeze the juice from the raspberries and collect in the bottom of the glass
- Add 25ml of Vodka and stir to combine
- Gently pour the prosecco over a spoon into the glass, then add the three raspberries.
- Sit back, raise your glass and hope for another 25 years for Aldi in the UK.
I was sent a hamper of cocktail ingredients for this post and a voucher to cover the cost of the fresh ingredients. All thoughts, opinions and photos are my own.