Quark chocolate semifreddo
As much as I love Christmas pudding and mince pies, occasionally, just occasionally mind, I feel the need to finish a meal with something cold and palate cleansing. As I don’t have an ice cream maker a semi freddo is just the ticket. Using quark lightens the dish and again I like the sightly acidic quality quark brings as I don’t have a particularly sweet tooth when it comes to desserts. I used chocolate in this recipe but next time I could just as easily make a strawberry semi freddo.
Quark chocolate semi freddo
200g dark chocolate
100ml double cream
4 tablespoons plain quark
- Place the broken up chocolate and the cream in a bowl. lace over a pan of barely simmering water and allow the cream to melt the chocolate. Allowto cool a little.
- In a separate bowl whisk the quark until smooth. Add a little quark to cooled chocolate and cream. Pour this into the remaining quark and mix well to combine.
- Scrape into a freezer safe tub and leave until frozen solid.
- Remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve with a few berries and a spoon of quark.